Last updated: 25 May 2018
Please note that I may provide different or additional privacy notices in connection with certain programmes, courses or events, and on different platforms.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA. "Personal data" means any information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be ascertained, directly or indirectly.
I may collect personal data from you in connection with your access to and use of my websites, mailing lists, your online purchases of products or services, or if you provide me with personal data through other channels or media, such as social media or an event registration service.
I may use the information in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve my website in order to better serve you.
- To allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer an event, promotion or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
In particular, I collect personal data directly from you in connection with the following activities:
- Registering for or filling in forms on our website or events (this includes information you provide when you sign up to receive our email newsletters, marketing messages or programmes, courses, events or classes);
- Interacting with me on social media;
- Purchasing any product or service from me;
- Participating in or registering for events or classes; and/or
- Using other features of my websites that may be offered from time to time, which may require such information in order to utilise the feature.
I may collect the following types of personal data in connection with the activities described above:
your name, username, password, e-mail address, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other personal data that you choose to include in your profile or in other communications with us.
You may have the option to link your social media account to my social media account (such as on Facebook or Instagram). If you do link your social media account to our social media account, the social media service may share certain data about you and your activities with us in accordance with their privacy policies and your privacy settings on their services.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. As above I may use your personal data to primarily communicate, provide, maintain and improve my products and services. The specific purposes for which I retain your personal data are set out below:
- To provide products and services to you, which includes communicating promotional material, processing payments and sending notifications or reminders related to your purchases (the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the purchase agreement between you and Alex Vitty);
- To conduct or administer events in which you have participated (the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the agreement between you and Alex Vitty related to such event);
- To analyse your use of and customise your experience on our websites (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in better understanding user needs and expectations and improving our website);
- To develop and manage Alex Vitty's business and operations (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding purchasing behaviour, improving our provision of products and services);
- To analyse your social media engagement with our brand (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in analysing our marketing strategies);
- To comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations, those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognised by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions (the legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations under laws in the EEA and Switzerland related to, for instance, taxation, money-laundering and terrorism financing and consumer protection law); and
- To offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, by supplementing the information we collect about you with information from third parties (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing information about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless applicable law requires us to obtain your consent, in which case we will do so).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA. I do not share personal data about you with third parties except as follows:
a. My Service Providers. I share personal data with third parties that perform services for me, including customer relationship management, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, order fulfilment, fraud control, direct mail and email distribution, and analytics services. I only share with service providers the personal data that they need to perform services for me.
b. Compliance with Law. I disclose personal data when we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process (including requests from authorities), to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of me, my clients, employees or contractors or the public.
c. Consent. I share personal data with third parties when we have your consent to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our websites, such as creating a public profile or participating in a public event and sharing personal information, you consent to the disclosure of this information to other users of our websites or social media accounts.
DATA SECURITY . My website is scanned on a regular basis for security in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible.
Personal data is collected and stored behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information supplied is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
I implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
I do not sell or trade your personal data with third parties.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS. Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have the following legal rights regarding our processing of your personal data:
- A right to obtain information: You have the right to request information about how we process your personal data.
- A right of access: You have the right to request access to, or a copy of, the personal data we process about you.
- A right of rectification: You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data we process about you.
- A right of erasure: You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
- A right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data, so that we can store such data but not otherwise process it.
- A right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from Alex Vitty.
- A right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing personal data about you. For example, when your personal data is processed for email marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such marketing communications.
- A right to revoke your consent: When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke such consent at any time.
- The right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. You can do so by contacting your country’s supervisory authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions or enquiries relating to my privacy practices or procedures, you may email me at the email address provided below.
Last Updated: 25 May 2018
- Opting Out. You can set your browser to not accept cookies but it may hinder your experience of my website.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS